Fact Sheets and Infographics
- Iron Deficiency Anemia FAQ
- Eating Healthy with Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Living with Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Chronic Kidney Disease and IDA Infographic
Resources Provided by Other Organizations
Iron Disorders Institute
The mission of the website is to inform the public about iron disorders, especially hemochromatosis, iron deficiency with or without anemia, anemia of inflammatory response, dysmetabolic iron overload (DIOS) and iron avidity. The content is not meant to replace the advice of your physician.
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. Doctors from every medical specialty work together to care for patients, joined by common systems and a philosophy of "the needs of the patient come first.” Mayo Clinic specializes in treating difficult cases and is known across the U.S. and around the world for its innovative and effective treatments.
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) provides global leadership for a research, training and education program to promote the prevention and treatment of heart, lung and blood diseases and enhance the health of all individuals so that they can live longer and more fulfilling lives.
- Published informational brochure: Your Guide to Anemia
National Kidney Foundation
The organization is dedicated to preventing kidney and urinary tract diseases, improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by kidney disease and increasing the availability of all organs for transplantation.
National Women’s Health Resource Center
HealthyWomen (HW) is the nation’s leading independent health information source for women. Its core mission is to educate, inform and empower women to make smart health choices for themselves and their families. Through its wide array of online and print publications, HW provides health information that is original, objective, reviewed by medical experts and reflective of the advances in evidence-based health research.
Society for the Advancement of Blood Management
The organization aims to improve health outcomes by advancing comprehensive patient blood management practices, promoting innovative research, and providing quality professional and public education. It provides support to the public through online resources including:
- Iron Corner: A non-profit educational website dedicated to providing information involving the use of iron preparations to treat patients with iron deficient anemia and/or low iron stores in preparation for surgical procedures.
- National Anemia Action Council: An online resource providing a complete guide and research studies of anemia for patients, professionals and the media.
- Everydayhealth.com: Why Iron-Rich Foods Are Important
- NIH.gov: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Iron
- Clinicaltrials.gov: Clinical trials related to IDA
Iron Matters is not affiliated with these sites or responsible for their content.